Saturday 5 May 2012

The Pessimoid!!!


Pages 1,2,3,4, 6 & 7 of The Pessimoid, brother of The Optimoid. In '94 I was out on my ear, as far as getting commercial work was concerned. A fuckin' bad year, and then some. My two main clients had both quit business in the space of a month or two.

I wrote and drew a half dozen strips for a comic I called Filthy Moods (Where the name of my other Blog comes from) For some stupid reason (It was quicker) I drew in markers which was a big fucking mistake. The stories were all good. I was taking more interest in my writing, but that don't put the food on the table and I was trying to draw up gags and "newspaper" style cartoons to try to break into a different market.

So, here, and below are a few samples from the disaster that was originally Filthy Moods.

You youngsters out there make sure that you view this as a cautionary tale..!   

No comments:

Post a Comment